Saturday, July 29, 2017

Saturday

The last Saturday in July at 1 o'clock in the afternoon and I am sitting here in the office messing about with the pc.

"So?" I hear you ask.

So, at 1 o'clock in the afternoon on the last Saturday in July it should be, as my grandfather was wont to say, hotter than the hinges of hell.  But it isn't.  As of last Wednesday I now, for the first time in my life, live in a home that is air-conditioned.  It is wonderfully pleasant in here.  The only downside I can find is that I may now have to come up with another excuse for abandoning The Inn for days and weeks on end.  (The energy bill?  Pfui.  That's no downside.  I'll just give up eating.)

I may not leave the house again until winter.  Except, um, now.  Herself wants to go out to lunch.  But after that. . . .

And while I've been messing about on the pc, I think I have discovered The "Conservative" Roman Curia Members Marching Song, circa 2017.  See what you think:



You all know who I'm speakin'  of
When I mention you-know-who.
For if you-know-who should hear ya,
You know what he'd do.
So if you don't see me again,
You'll know why I'm away,
And if anyone asks you where I've gone,
Here's what you must say. . . .

Heh.